The Reel Deal

Sharing stuff found on magnetic tape in the reel-to-reel format.

11/19/2006

Clebanoff Strings - Moods In Music




More two-track goodness for you this week... This came from an estate sale via eBay (with help from your donations!) and WOW is this GOOD! It's mood music, not even really lounge, but when I mounted it up on the Otari and played it, ooOOoo lush lush lush, and dynamic range that you just can't really get on a 4-track recording. This is your basic Mercury stereo tape from the late 1950s, recorded really well, so well that you can hear chairs scraping in a couple of places!

The music runs almost a full 30 minutes, it's really good, it's great for that romantic dinner, and it sounds, just, utterly FANTASTIC. I'm putting this reel up on eBay and I'll probably not get as much as I should for it... I can't understand why audiophiles aren't falling all over this stuff, really.

Here are the full size scans of:
The front of the box, and
The back of the box.

Enjoy this piece of audiophilia: The Clebanoff Strings - Moods In Music!

My work schedule will be cooling off after Thanksgiving, so I should be able to do some more postings on all four blogs during December... STAY TUNED!

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger DZONDZON said...

The music really does have a nice quiet background.

 
At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. Now If I could just find Blue Mountain online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home