The Reel Deal

Sharing stuff found on magnetic tape in the reel-to-reel format.

10/29/2006

No Squares Allowed!





Here's a little something to tide you over while I start my full-time work schedule... this is something I got on eBay a while back, a nice little set of 2 mono tapes that Command did for Voice of Music. Yes, Command. That means Enoch Light, Dick Hyman, Doc Severinsen, and even a Tony Mottola cut. There's even a little scary piece for All Hallows' Eve (I'll let you discover THAT scary bit on your own!). This is a nice set from the early 60s (I think 1965, because of the Mottola tune), but I am still wondering why this wasn't released in stereo...

Still, a very nice little set of tunes, these, on a pair of 5-inch reels... and something to keep you going while I work my buns off with a 60-mile each way commute.

Oh, did I tell you that the Jeep got broken into and the stereo stolen? I guess it's walkman-and-headset time until the paychecks start coming in...

Here is The outer cover, the cover of box 1, and the cover of box 2of the box set.

...and, thanks to the Voice of Music people, here's No Squares Allowed!

* * * LINK IS FIXED!! * * *

5 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger PELEON said...

Hi, the link is broken.

Thank you for your wonderful music.

leo

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger R. said...

Yes the link is dead, but the share looks really great though. Looking forward to the download!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger The Impaler said...

Link SHOULD be fixed...

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brad,
Long time no nothing; will be back soon. Just wished to let you know that I get an incredible number of visits thanks to the link to the Jazz Corner that you put on your pages.
Will be catching up with as much as I can on your... how many are they? Four? sites as soon as I can.
Keep swinging,
Lady D.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger litlgrey said...

In mono! That really and truly Is a head scratcher. Of course, one does not come across stuff like this every day - or even ANY day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home