The Reel Deal

Sharing stuff found on magnetic tape in the reel-to-reel format.

9/19/2006

Stanley Black - Continental Tango Golden Album




Tonight, the last of the Japanese releases I have (until I find what I think is one more that may be buried in here...)...

This time, a 1966 London Phase 4 album, released by King Record Co., Japan, and recorded on Sony tape. A GREAT LP, one that I haven't seen very often, and one that sounds really really good.

Stanley Black did a few things for London, unfortunately I don't have any more of them... these are the standard tango dance numbers, although I think one or two may have not quite made it past the translators (Something tells me "Tango Delle Rose" should be "Tango De La Rosa"...). The emotion is not quite at the fever pitch of some of the Argentine tango I have heard, but it's still quite the stirring dance music, and still VERY well recorded.

Here are the scans of the box:
The front...
The back...

Put the sambuco on, get the rose between her teeth and enjoy the Continental Tango Golden Album.

THIS TAPE IS GOING UP FOR AUCTION ON E-BAY TO HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG...

I told you I was serious about trying to fund space for it...

1 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tracks are wrongly identified. The correct sequence is as follows:

01 - Dark Eyes
02 - Serenade In The Night
03 - El Amanecer
04 - Caminito
05 - Yira Yira
06 - La Cumparsita
07 - Pearl Fisher
08 - Poema
09 - Violetta
10 - Blauer Himmel
11 - Tango Delle Rose
12 - Tango Notturno

Only tracks 3,4,5,6 are genuine argentine tangos.

Luis (from Argentina)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home