The Reel Deal

Sharing stuff found on magnetic tape in the reel-to-reel format.

8/30/2006

REPOST: Si Zentner - Desafinado




Bossa Nova & Si Zentner, an explosive combination. On the back of the box, the liner notes say that "bossa nove" translates into "new wrinkle", which has a bad connotation when dealing with tapes (or the faces of pretty women, but that's another matter entirely!)...

This is a Liberty stereo tape that has SIZZLING audio, nice charts, and other really good stuff. Si knows how to swing it, definately. I think the tape is from around 1965 or 66, again I'm not sure...

Cover scans are here:
The front...
The back...

Without further ado, I present for you some definately UN-WRINKLED bossa nova in the form of Desafinado.

Now, a note on further postings...

I have had some requests for more tapes, including those that would fall outside of the scope of the otherwise loosely defined genre of this blog... should I start another share site that is exclusively reel tapes? I have a BUNCH of classical material, including some WFMT airchecks that are absolutely WONDERFUL as far as audio quality goes... those would be easy to put up as a bunch of them (there are 80 reels in all) are already encoded.

Now for the other shoe... if I do start up a new tape share site, I will be putting up a PayPal donation link, as I will need to subsidize server space as well as media acquisition cost... what say you, faithful fans... post comments & let me know.

Rest assured, I have a bunch of material on LP for moodietoonz, so there would stil be postings here either way, it is just that I am reluctant to put full classical stuff on a lounge/tiki/jazz site...